Our top priority with Sparkle is keeping it easy to use. So instead of building fancy new features that you would never use, we've been spending our time recently refining and polishing what's already there. We think all the small changes add up to a big improvement in how Sparkle helps you do your job.
Many of these changes came from your suggestions - thanks!
So what has changed?
We've streamlined the process for adding samples
- You can duplicate any sample with a single click.
- When adding a sample, you can add several other identical ones at the same time.
- If you have several samples to add, you can now 'create and add another' in one step instead of the two steps previously.
We've completely re-built Search so it's much simpler and much faster
- The old way: 2 screens containing 28 fields.
- The new way: 1 screen with 1 text box. (And an optional dropdown to search within a brand.)
You can search for samples and delivery notes by any scrap of information you have: colour, delivery method, recipient name, code, etc.
We've added context to collection and sample pages
...so you can see at a glance what each belongs to.
- Every collection page shows the brand and client.
- Every sample page shows the collection, brand, and client.
Now when you click through from a report to a sample or collection, you'll know whose it is without having to click onto other screens.
We have changed the way label sheet PDFs are made
- They generate 6 times faster than before.
- They don't slow down the rest of the site.
On one occasion a few weeks ago Sparkle ground to a halt because it was trying to make several huge label sheets at the same time. This was bad news because nobody could use the site. We immediately dropped everything to fix this and since then the label sheets have behaved beautifully.
While working on all these improvements, we noticed lots of other rough edges and areas we can do better. So keep your eyes open for more refinements and polish in the near future.
Please let us know if you think of something Sparkle could do better. Help us to help you!
And to wrap this up, here's a recent quotation from one of our customers: "We're glad Sparkle is not complicated. It's a very, very useful tool."
Enjoy using Sparkle! (And remember the 20% discount for referring us to your friends.)